This post was originally published on this site.
King Combs’ yacht assault accuser wants a judge to use his father’s own words against him, according to Grace O’Marcaigh’s lawyers.
O’Marcaigh is suing Diddy and his son Christin “King” Combs, claiming he attacked her in the yacht’s cinema room back in 2022. She says he cornered her, stripped naked and tried to force oral sex on her, according to Rolling Stone’s first report on the case.
A judge already dropped Diddy from the case once this year. She said O’Marcaigh hadn’t shown a strong enough tie between Diddy and California, the state where her case is being heard.
O’Marcaigh’s team rewrote the case to fix that gap. The papers cite sworn testimony from Diddy’s own criminal trial as proof that he still belongs in her case.
They claim Diddy used his own company to book the yacht at the heart of her case. That gave him full control over everything on board, according to the filing.
The company, Janice Combs Music Holdings, named for Diddy’s mom, is based in West Hollywood. Court records show Diddy served as its CEO back in November 2022, when the yacht charter was booked.
O’Marcaigh’s team also cites sworn testimony from Diddy’s own criminal trial to support that claim.
Former staffers said they set up what Diddy called Wild King Nights. Those nights allegedly came with liquor, candles, baby oil, Astroglide, condoms and incense laid out ahead of time.
Four former Combs staffers and a woman known in court papers only as Mia gave that testimony over a year ago. Now O’Marcaigh’s lawyers say those same words prove Diddy ran a tight ship everywhere he went, even on the yacht.
This isn’t Diddy and King Combs’ first try to escape this suit, either.
AllHipHop wrote about it last year when their team argued open water put the assault beyond California’s reach. Diddy is already behind bars in a separate case, serving a nearly four-and-a-half-year term after he was found guilty on two counts of transportation for the purpose of prostitution
A hearing on whether Diddy stays in O’Marcaigh’s case is set for September 4 in Judge Dolly Gee’s Los Angeles courtroom.